White Chocolate Fruity Scones
Lemon, White Chocolate and Blueberry, or Raspberry and White Chocolate - it's up to you what fruit you put into these, but these scones are extra delicous!
Makes 6 scones
- 300g plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 70g chilled butter
- 100g white chocolate
- 100g blueberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- 140ml milk (plus 1tbsp extra)
(or for Raspberry and White Chocolate - substitute the blueberries for raspberries and leave out the lemon - or don't! You might need to add a little extra flour for fruits that release a lot of moisture)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the cubed, chilled butter and using your hands, rub it into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Cut the white chocolate into small chunks (or use chips!) and mix it into the flour and butter, along with the lemon zest.
- Pour the milk in slowly, a bit at a time, mixing until it combines to form a rough dough.
- Add the blueberries and use your hands to combine them into the dough - you don't want to over work it.
- Turn the dough onto a floured worktop and shape into a thick disk around 6 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the freezer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 190 C (fan)
- Place the dough back onto the floured counter and cut into 6 triangles.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray and using a pastry brush, use the last bit of milk to brush the top of the scones.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and then serve with clotted cream and jam, or just enjoy on their own!
Head to my Instagram Highlights @alice.fevronia for a video on how to make these, and if you give them a go, please tag me, I would love to see!