Vegan Oreo Brownies
- 150g vegan chocolate (most dark chocolate with a cocoa butter content above 54% is vegan but not necessarily branded as vegan, so check the ingredients!)
- 200g self raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 60g light brown sugar
- 60g caster sugar
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 100ml plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 370g (1 tin) Vegan condensed milk
- 1 pack (154g) of Oreos
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C (fan)
- Melt the vegan chocolate in 30 second bursts in a microwave, or over a bain-marie, and leave to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix together the two sugars, flour and cocoa powder so there are no lumps.
- Add the oil, plant milk, vanilla essence and condensed milk.
- Pour the chocolate in and mix thoroughly until fully combined. The mixture will be quite thick.
- Reserve 9 Oreos to place on the top of the brownies, and break the rest into pieces. With a spatula, gently fold into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to a lined (roughly 22cm) brownie tin and smooth it to the edges with the spatula.
- Place the remaining Oreos on top, and bake for around 40-45 minutes, (baking time can depend on the size of your tin, so keep an eye on them - you do want to retain the gooey fudgey centre, so don't over bake it! I use a toothpick to check the brownies are not still wet inside)
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before cutting and serving!
*Please note - while Oreos do not contain any animal or dairy products in their ingredients list, they are made in a factory that handles these products and cannot guarantee they are free from cross contamination, therefore Oreos are not branded as vegan - so if you have allergies to dairy etc please read the label.