Valentines Sourdough with Strawberry and Rose Jam
with the Panasonic SD-ZX2522 Breadmaker
Strawberry and Rose Jam
- 600g strawberries, finely chopped
- 400g caster sugar
- 4 tsp powdered pectin
- 2 tsp rosewater extract
- 80g Rye flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 60g plain yoghurt
- 80ml water
- 0.1g yeast
- 320g strong white bread flour
- 3/4tsp salt
- 120ml water
- ½ tsp yeast
Strawberry and Rose Jam
- Wash the strawberries and remove the tops.
- Finely chop the strawberries and place them in the bread pan with the sugar, alternating half the strawberries and half the sugar at a time, with the kneading blade attached.
- Add the powdered pectin and rosewater and place the bread pan into the breadmaker.
- Select menu 36, and press start. Once finished, add an additional 20 minutes cooking time with the timer function.
- Remove the bread pan from the machine and transfer the jam into jam jars to save until ready to be used.
- Mix all the ingredients into the sourdough cup and after placing the lid on the sourdough cup, place it into the bread pan (with the kneading blade removed).
- Select menu 30 and start the machine.
- Remove the cup immediately once it has finished.
- Set the kneading blade back into the pan.
- Pour the cup of sourdough started into the bread pan.
- Place all the ingredients (apart from the yeast) into the bread pan according to the order of the recipe.
- Set the bread pan back into the breadmaker.
- Place the yeast in the yeast dispenser.
- Set the breadmaker to Menu 29, and press start.
- Once the timer has ended, remove the dough from the pan and shape into a boule.
- Place the dough on a lined baking tray, cover and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200 C (fan).
- Place a heart shaped piece of paper in the middle of the dough and dust the top with flour, remove the paper to reveal the heart shape.
- Using a bread scoring knife, hold it at a 45 degree angle and carefully score a shallow line around the heart. It is important to add some other scores around the circumference of the boule, as when the bread is in the oven, it will rise, so adding the scoring here will allow it to rise upwards, rather than bursting at the top and potentially ruining the heart-shaped pattern you have created.
- Pour a cup of boiling water into a tray and place it at the bottom of the oven.
- Bake your loaf for around 40 minutes until it has a golden crust.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting.
- Serve with the strawberry and rosewater jam!
- Enjoy with your loved ones <3
This recipe is part of a paid partnership with Panasonic Kitchen.