Tahini and Sea Salt Brownies
- 150g caster sugar
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 180g salted butter (melted)
- 180g dark chocolate (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Pinch sea salt
- 120g plain flour
- 100g tahini (you can use peanut butter, or any other nut butter if you prefer!)
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan.
- Mix the eggs and sugars in a bowl and add the melted butter and melted chocolate. Mix really thoroughly.
- Add the vanilla essence and sea salt, and then sift in the flour.
- Mix thoroughly to make sure it is completely lump free!
- Transfer to a lined square brownie tin (roughly 18cmx18cm)
- Dollop the tahini around the tin and use a knife or a skewer to swirl it around, make sure that it gets around the whole tin!
- Bake for around 35 minutes until the outside is firm but the middle is still slightly soft (it will have a slight wobble in the middle).
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully (it's so tempting to eat them straight away but they cut so much more neatly if you let them cool first!)
- Drizzle some melted chocolate over the cool brownies and sprinkle with a little more sea salt.