Strawberry Sheet Cake
The perfect summery dessert to whip up in no time, the sponge is SO soft andthe strawberry flavour is delicious! Perfect for sharing. To really enhance thestrawberry flavour, what not add some freeze dried strawberry powder into thebuttercream!
- 300g sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 225g unsalted butter
- 450g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 250 ml buttermilk (or whole milk with 2 tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 475g plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pink food colouring
- 250g butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- handful of strawberries to decorate
- Roast the sliced strawberries with the 2 tbsp sugar at 160°C for 20 minutes.
- Once cool, blitz to a purée and set aside.
- Raise the oven temperature to 175°C
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix until fully combined.
- Add the purée, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, and mix until fullyincorporated.
- If you want to enhance the pink colouring, add some pink food colouring.
- Transfer to a lined 9x13 inch tin and bake for 35 minutes, or until a knifecomes out clean.
- For the buttercream, cream the butter and icing sugar until very pale, andadd the vanilla.
- Once the cake is cool, spread the buttercream on top and decorate withhalved strawberries.
Head to my Instagram, @alice.fevronia to watch my reel on how to make this! If you give it a go, please tag me I would love to see!