Delicious little cups of pizza dough filled with your favourite pizza toppings! Super quick and easy to do - no need to knead or prove the dough!
- 280g plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp fast action dried yeast
- 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 170ml warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Extra flour or semolina flour for dusting
- 50ml pizza sauce
- 40g cheddar cheese (grated)
(...the rest is optional - use whatever fillings you like!)
- 50g olives
- 6 mini mozzarella balls
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Handful of dried oregano
- Basil leaves
- In a large bowl mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt, and make a well in the centr of the bowl.
- Pour in the water and oil and then mix, bringing together into a dough with your hands.
- Transfer to a lightly floured worktop and gently work the dough until it all comes together. You don't need to knead it fully, just until there are no clumps of flour and it is fairly smooth.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover for 10 minutes.
- Meawhile, prep your fillings and lightly grease a cupcake tin with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (fan)
- Sprinkle your work surface with flour or semolina if you have it, and roll the dough out to roughly half a cm thick.
- Use a circular cutter (roughly 8cm) and cut out 12 discs of dough. You may need to gather excess dough and re-roll it to achieve this.
- Once you have cut out all of your pieces, use your hands to very gently stretch out the dough just a little and place them in the cupcake tin so that they reach about 3/4 of the way up the side of the tin.
- Into each cup, place a dollop of pizza sauce and spread it around the cup.
- Add a little of the grated cheddar and then add your fillings!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and the cheese has melted.
Head to my Instagram Highlights @alice.fevronia for a video on how to make these, and if you give them a go, please tag me, I would love to see!