Pesto, Mozarella, Basil and Olive Tear and Share Bread
- 450g strong bread flour
- 7g sachet fast action dried yeast
- 10g salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 190-200ml warm water
- 190g jar red pesto
- 200g mozarella cheese grated (ready grated in a packet works well)
- 50g olives, chopped
- handful of basil leaves, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together the bread flour, yeast, salt and sugar.
- Add the olive oil and most of the water.
- Keep adding the rest of the water in small amounts until it forms a dough - you might need all of it or just a little less.
- Transfer to a floured counter and knead for at least 10 minutes until silky smooth!
- Roll into a ball and leave to rise in a oiled and covered bowl, until doubled in size (this takes about 1 hour depending on how warm your room is, I placed it in the oven with just the light bulb on which creates a perfect temperature!)
- Once risen, punch out the air and transfer to the counter.
- Roll out to 30x40cm in size and then spread over the pesto.
- Add the mozzarella, olives and basil evenly.
- Roll up the dough from one of the long edges into a sausage, cut off the ends then cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place on a lined baking tray with gaps in between each piece.
- Leave for another hour to prove (the dough will puff up again, mostly filling the gaps).
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Bake for around 25 minutes until gold brown and baked through.
- And there you go! Best eaten warm when the cheese is melted and delicious!
Let me know if you give these a go - tag me on instagram @alice.fevronia
Check out my story highlights for a video on how to make these!