PB&J Sandwich Cookies
Makes around 12 cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 120g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 130g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 120g smooth peanut butter
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 30g granulated sugar
Peanut Butter Buttercream:
- 75g butter (room temperature)
- 150g icing sugar
- 70g smooth peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp whole milk (depending on what brand of PB you use, some are thicker than others, so add more milk/more icing sugar accordingly to get the desired consistency)
- 100g jam (raspberry, strawberry, grape - up to you!)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the peanut butter until combined, then add the flour, salt and bicoarbonate of soda, mixing until it just comes together into a dough.
- Roll the dough into balls of around 30g, and then roll each ball in the granulated sugar until evenly and lightly covered.
- Place the dough balls onto a lined baking sheet with enough space in between each one for them to spread in the oven.
- Take a fork and lightly press a criss cross pattern into each ball so that they get slightly flattened. Don't press too hard, or flatten them too much as they will spread in the oven.
- Bake at 180C for around 15-20 minutes (keep an eye on them - if you prefera slightly crunchier cookies leave them for longer) until golden brown around the edges, and leave to cool fully.
- Whilst the cookies are cooling, prepare the buttercream. Beat the butter and peanut butter together with the icing sugar until smooth, and then add milk if necessary. If you are going to pipe the buttercream on, it needs to be of a piping consistency although it should be quite thick so that it holds it's shape.
- Pipe a ring of buttercream onto one of the cookies, fill the centre of the buttercream with jam, and then sandwich with another cookie.