- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 40g unsalted butter
- 220ml double cream
- Handful of raspberries or blueberries (or any other fruit you wish!) - optional!
- Start by making the curd. In a bowl use a whisk to mix together the caster sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice and then place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir continuously so that the heat is evenly distributed and you don't end up with scrambled eggs!
- The curd will thicken, and when it is thick enough that it coats the back of a metal spoon, remove from the heat and then add in the butter. Stir it in until it melts.
- Strain the curd through a sieve to remove the zest, which ensures your mouse is silky smooth!
- Leave the curd to cool.
- Once the curd is cool, whip up the cream until it forms soft peaks, and then mix in most of the curd, leaving a few spoonfuls to add to the top or bottom of the mousse when you serve it.
- Give the mousse a thorough mix to ensure it is all combined.
- Spoon some of the leftover curd into the bottom of your bowl or dessert glass, then add some raspberries or blueberries. Spoon or pipe the curd into the bowls, and then top with a garnish of fruit.
- Leave to set for an hour in the fridge, and then enjoy!
Head to my Instagram @alice.fevronia and check out my highlights for a video on how I made these!