Chocolate Orange Mousse
I feel like it's not Christmas without some chocolate orange. These taste like light and airy Terry's Chocolate orange, are so delicious and so quick and easy to make!
Makes 2 generous portions
- 100g dark chocolate
- 25g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 25g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- Extra chocolate and orange zest to decorate
- In a bain-marie, or carefully in the microwave, melt the butter and chocolate. Leave to cool slightly.
- Separate the eggs into two bowls, and add the sugar to the egg yolks.
- Whisk until the mixture is really pale and thick, this can take a while, so just keep going! And when you think you're done, go a little more!
- Pour the slightly cooled chocolate into the egg yolk mixture and mix in in. Add the orange juice and zest and incorporate fully.
- Whisk the egg whites until they reach stiff peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. You want a really light airy mousse so don't beat all of the air out!
- Carefully pour or pipe the mousse into your serving glasses or pots, and leave to set in the fridge for a few hours.
- Decorate with grated chocolate and orange zest - or cream and candied oranges if you fancy!
- Serve and enjoy!
Use of raw eggs: In the UK, it is considered safe to consume raw eggs that have the British Lion Code Of Practice stamp, if you are outside the UK, please check your eggs are safe, or use pasteurised eggs.